Governance and Risk Advisory Services
In fact, risk always accompanies opportunities for growth and progress. The key, however, lies in recognizing, assessing, and actively managing risk. This requires effective governance in the face of constantly changing conditions.
We Can Get You There
We offer a range of Governance and Risk Advisory Services to help you successfully manage risk. Our goal is not simply to get you through the challenges ahead but to leverage those challenges to strengthen your business and get to a better place at the end of the process. With our help you will:
- Improve Operational Performance
- Control Costs
- Protect Employee Interests
- Realize Greater Management Focus
- Grow Revenue and Increase Profitability
With Growth Comes Complexity
Let’s face it growth and profitability are your goals. But growth sometimes leads to unforeseen challenges. Trust our guidance to help alleviate some of your growing pains and allow you greater control of your business.
Do you experience the following?
A need to “right-size” your internal policies and procedures to match the growth and size of your business?
- Challenges in identifying and prioritizing risks?
- A need to enhance or implement monitoring and compliance programs?
- Suspicions or allegations of fraud affecting the organization?
- Insufficient control over key business costs?
- Inadequate or undefined policies?
- Insufficient or non-existent programs to educate employees on compliance, monitoring, and fraud prevention?
Our breadth of specialized services will help you address these challenges.
Here are some of our most valued service offerings:
- Board Advisory Services
- Internal Audit Services
- SOX/J-SOX Consulting
- Fraud Prevention and Forensic Accounting Services
- Dependent Eligibility Audits
Board Advisory Services
CDH Board Advisory Services are designed to facilitate effective governance practices within your organization.
- Development of internal audit or compliance programs
- Implementation of policies (i.e. human resource)
- Succession planning and leadership development
- Risk identification and prioritization
Internal Audit Services
CDH SOX/J-SOX Consulting Services allow you to leverage our years of experience and expertise in assisting both domestic and international companies to achieve success in their SOX/J-SOX compliance programs.
Our extensive experience servicing Japanese subsidiaries operating in North America makes us a trusted partner for Japanese companies complying with J-SOX. We bring an understanding of how Japanese organizations work and provide the language skills and cultural awareness needed for your global J-SOX compliance efforts to be successful.
- Creating or updating your compliance metrics and documents
- Tests of operating effectiveness of key controls
- Review of your internal compliance effectiveness
Our international network allows us to draw on talent and expertise all over the world and provide the local presence and critical technical skills required by your organization. You can feel confident that we always take a long-term focus to every business relationship and will help you benchmark specific issues for ongoing, continuous improvement.
Fraud Prevention and Forensic Accounting Services
Our Fraud & Forensic Services are designed to help you proactively manage and address fraud risk in a cost effective manner. If a fraud incident is suspected or occurs, we will also work with you and your legal counsel to discreetly and efficiently manage the situation and minimize your losses.
- Fraud Risk Assessment
- Fraud Prevention Training
- Risk Management Program Design and Implementation
- Data Mining and Analyses
- Forensic Accounting
Fraud Risk Assessment
What are the most significant fraud risks facing your organization? In a 2015/16 Global Fraud Report, Kroll indicated that 75% of responding organizations were victims of fraud in the past year. Our fraud risk assessment service will enable you to reduce the risk of your organization becoming the next business negatively impacted by fraud. We will:
- Facilitate a process of organizational introspection and assessment to help you identify, prioritize, and strategically address the key fraud risks facing your organization.
- Create Action items for your management team
- Provide written summaries of the content and outcomes from these meetings
- Offer recommendations based on the outcomes of the assessment
Fraud Prevention Training Programs
Fraud prevention begins with raising fraud awareness within your organization. Our training programs are designed both to educate employees and promote buy-in to your risk management strategy. All programs are tailored to meet your needs. This allows you to get the value you want at a price that fits your budget.
General training include:
- Fraud awareness training for employees
- Management training on fraud prevention best practices
- Protecting personally identifiable information and sensitive corporate information
The process begins with a meeting to discuss your business situation and training goals and objectives. Based on this findings, we will prepare a proposal for your review and approval. We will then schedule the training(s) for your organization. Upon completion of the training program, we will ask participants to complete a short survey to allow us to continuously refine and improve our training offerings.
Protecting Personally Identifiable Information and Sensitive Corporate Information Training Program
How effective is your organization at protecting your most valuable information?
CDH partners with Undo Identity Theft to provide training on the ABCs of ID theft prevention: Awareness, changing Behaviors, and taking Control in the fight against the unlawful use of personal and corporate information. Clients can choose from a basic seminar that runs between one and two hours per session to a comprehensive seminar that runs approximately half a day per session.
Combine this training with other CDH training options to get the maximum benefit for your organization.
This training can also be considered as part of the organization’s employee benefits package as employees learn many skills relevant to protecting their personal identity and the identities of their loved ones.
Dependent Eligibility Audits
CDH is currently teaming within the Moore Stephens network to offer dependent eligibility audits.
A dependent eligibility audit is the inspection of an employer’s health benefit plan(s) to ensure enrolled dependents are eligible to receive coverage. With health care costs continuing to rise, a dependent eligibility audit offers an employer a means of reducing cost without reducing benefits to eligible employees.
The audit process typically takes 90 days to complete. It consists of requesting information from enrolled employees to support the eligibility of dependents participating in coverage. Examples of requested information include birth certificates, tax returns, and marriage licenses. We will handle all communications with your employees, including providing an internal document for you to send to enrolled employees prior to the start of the audit process. Questions employees may have regarding requested information and the audit process can also be directed to us.
At the end of the process, we provide a final report that identifies enrolled dependents not meeting plan eligibility requirements as well as plan participants who did not respond to our requests for information. The decision to remove an enrolled employee’s dependents from the plan always resides with you and your organization.